Meet the Company:
Albert J. Dremel was the inventive genius who founded the Dremel Company back in 1932. The company was, and still is located in Racine,Wisconsin.
Albert J. Dremel held a wide range of patents, 55 in all. They included everything from electric erasers to the first design of the now standard gasoline powered walk-behind rotary lawn mower.
He formed the Dremel Company in 1932 with an electric razor blade sharpener as his first product. Before the advent of disposable razors, this little device was a real money saver. He quickly brought razor blade manufacturers to their knees. Then, the razor makers cut blade prices in half and quickly brought Albert to his knees.
Not one to give up easily, Albert then came up with perhaps his greatest invention ever. A high-speed rotary tool dubbed the Dremel Moto-Tool . Compact, lightweight and incredibly versatile, it was an instant success with hobby and craft people.
Other inventions of Mr. Dremel include the electric shoe polisher, an electric screwdriver, a whole line of power sanders and hand-held scroll saws, an electric fish scaler and more. A few of these inventions have survived the test of time. You ‘ll still see our shoe polishers around everywhere. However, now fishermen have to clean their catch the old-fashioned way.
Today there are more than 17 million rotary tools currently in use, with that number growing daily. Dremel is the leader in rotary tools. With numerous attachments and more than 150 available accessories, it truly is one of the most versatile tools any homeowner can own.
Through the Mom Trials: Is your dad or husband a proud handy man? Then you’ll want to treat him with the Dremel Multi-Max! This oscillating tool is just the ticket for those who love do it yourself projects and is wonderful to use for a variety of repair, remodeling, and restoration projects. It boasts a powerful 1.5 amp motor and 10,000 – 21,000 OPM wide speed range and is versatile for use in cutting, grinding, sanding, scraping and grout removal. The tool comes with a hook and loop pad and sanding paper that’s capable of smoothing down bare wood, hardwood, softwood, chipboard, metal materials, varnish and paint removal. The provided flexible scraper blade works great for scraping soft mterials, caulk, peeling paint, and adhesives while the included ¾” Wood Flush Cut Blade cuts to a depth of 1-1/4″ through wood, plastic, drywall, and other soft materials.
I love how the Dremel Multi-Max is lightweight at only 2 pounds, which makes it easy for even someone with a petite frame like myself able to use this tool easily. The ergonomic design fits comfortably in both my husband’s large hands and my small hands. This tool is compact enough to maneuver around in tiny, hard to access spaces and I like how simple and fast it is to change out the accessories with it’s quick fit feature when you need them. There is a separate on and off switch that lets you keep the speed after the tool is shut off so it’s ready when you need to use it again.
I was relieved to find that this oscillating tool isn’t complicated to figure out and is a breeze to use. I’m in the process of restoring a dresser and the sandpaper accessory has made the job effortless to smooth down the rough, uneven spots of the aging furniture. My husband was impressed with the power this multi use tool has and is ideal for many home improvement uses. When you’re done using the Multi-Max, the handy case stores the tool and its accessories neatly, keeping them well organized for the next time you have a home project. My husband and I can’t wait to purchase the rest of the accessories so we can use the Dremel Multi-Max to its fullest potential for some much needed home improvement projects that need attention in our home!
Giveaway Time: A lucky Blessings Abound reader will win a Dremel Multi-Max! All you have to do in order to be qualified for a chance to win is to visit Dremel Tools and leave a comment in the provided entry form with another tool that the handy man in your life would love!
10 Extra Entries:
- Blog about this giveaway including a link back to this post.
- Enter any other Father’s Day Fling Giveaway included in this event.
1 Extra Entry Each:
- Subscribe to my blog.
- Twitter about this blessing and comment that you did with your twitter id.
- Follow me on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/akblessings.
- Fave my blog on Technorati. (update with my new url please)
- Post my button on your blog or site. (update with the new code to reflect new design and url please)
- Father’s Day Fling Event participating bloggers include:
- Karen from 3 Garnets and 2 Sapphires
- Victoria from Life Starring Ellie and Eve
- Louise from MomStart
- Please leave a separate comment for each item that you have completed stating that you have done so.
- Winners who I am unable to contact and who doesn’t claim their prize within 48 hours of being sent their winning email notification and me posting the winner of the prize in the winner’s section will forfeit their prize and prize will be held in a live contest following failure to claim. Please follow directions or you will be disqualified! This Blessing is open to bloggers and nonbloggers alike. You have from now until June 11th at 11:59 PM (Alaska time) to comment and be entered for a chance to win. I will randomly pick four winners and announce it here on my blog shortly after June 12th. Blessing open to USA!