McCormick Look Book For Spring Recipes
It’s no secret that cooking is one of my main passions in life. I can spend countless hours perusing recipes and I love trying out new recipes all the time. When I put together my weekly menu, I often look to the internet in hopes to find meal ideas that will become part of our regular rotation of family favorite recipes through out the year.
One of the brands of spices I can always count on to bring me good results in the kitchen is McCormick. They’ve recently launched the McCormick Look Book that showcases recipes made with McCormick products. Since it’s springtime, they’ve got plenty of Spring recipes that will perk up your weekly menu and through the Look Book, you can collect the recipes you’re interested in to make your own look book (virtual cook book). All you need to do to save a recipe to your McCormick Look Book cookbook is to click on the heart (it will turn red like pictured below) and it will automatically add it to your own Look Book!
I really like this feature as it compiles all the recipes I’m interested in trying out in the future which saves me time when it’s time to make that recipe. I no longer have to bookmark all those recipes individually and there’s a drop down box so I can sort each recipe by category. This Look Book has an easy to organize format that simplifies my weekly menu process and it does so beautifully. The pictures make all the recipes look so good and I have several that I’ve included in my weekly menu for the next two weeks. I also like that I have the option to share recipes with my family and friends through email, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
One of the first recipes I tried through the McCormick Look Book was their version of Blueberry Muffins. I had a lot of Alaskan wild blueberries in my freezer to use up and there couldn’t have been a more fitting recipe than that! I also incorporated many of the McCormick products that were sent to me and my kids could hardly stand waiting for these goodies to get done as they helped me bake them. I’ve included the recipe below just in case you’d like to give it a try yourself!
McCormick Look Book Blueberry Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups flour
- ⅔ cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup blueberries
- ½ teaspoon McCormick® Cinnamon, Ground
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper baking cups. Set aside.
- Mix flour, ⅔ cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Mix sour cream, milk, oil, egg, orange peel and vanilla in medium bowl. Add to flour mixture; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Batter will be thick and slightly lumpy.) Gently stir in blueberries.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each cup ⅔ full. Mix 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over muffins.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of muffins comes out clean. Serve warm with Honey Butter, if desired.
These blueberry muffins were a big hit with my kids. They scarfed down 2 dozen blueberry muffins in the span of two days. I can’t wait to try many more of the recipes from the McCormick Look Book and plan my weekly menus around some of their amazing looking recipes! You ought to give the McCormick Look Book a shot yourself. You won’t be disappointed! You can find several spring baking recipe ideas here: http://bit.ly/HosWp1 or http://bit.ly/HguVOm.
*I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for McCormick. I received product samples and a promotional item to thank me for participating.