Slim-Fast Vow To Wow Update
It’s been a little over 3 weeks since I started my journey as a Slim-Fast Women Of Wow Ambassador and began the Slim-Fast 3-2-1 Plan. My Slim-Fast Vow To Wow is to lose the extra 10 post baby weight that I still haven’t managed to get rid off since baby Patience was born 22 months ago. I’m already excited about the progress I’ve been making by sticking to the Slim-Fast plan. The first week, I was rewarded by dropping 3 lbs., and the last two weeks, I’ve lost 1/2 a lb. each week. One more pound to go before I shake off all the weight that I gained over the holidays!!! That means that I still have 6 lbs. to go before reaching my Slim-Fast Vow To Wow weight loss goal.
The transition into the Slim-Fast 3-2-1 plan has actually been easy. I usually have a Slim-Fast shake for breakfast and a Slim-Fast shake or meal bar for lunch. I have at least 1-2 Slim-Fast snack bars per day and sometimes swap them out for healthy snacks like 15 blue tortilla chips and two tablespoons of salsa, an apple with 2 tablespoons of almond butter, or fresh veggies with a couple tablespoons of hummus. Yes, I do measure it out! Portion sizes are essential to keeping on track and making sure you’re not accidentally consuming more calories than you should. I round out the day with a nutritious meal that’s 500 calories or less and I am taking special care to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day.
Now, I’ll be honest and say that I allow myself 1 or 2 days of free days a week where I don’t adhere strictly to the plan. That way, if a special occasion comes up, I can still eat what everyone else can eat without feeling tortured. I do make sure I don’t go crazy and stay close to correct portion sizes to minimize the damage. This also helps against breaking down and overindulging in something unhealthy because I’m not denying myself a treat now and then. What can I say? This method works for me and I’m still consistently losing the weight!
I’ve also been good at making sure I get at least 15-30 minutes of exercise each day. That may not seem like a lot, but for someone who hadn’t worked out in awhile, there are days when I felt old and decrepit from the lack of exercise and my work outs cleaned my clock! There were a few days initially where it felt like someone jabbed me in the ribs several times and my hips just ached. However, I pressed on because I know my body needs it that bad and within a week’s time, those pains and aches dissipated. It’s felt so wonderful to push my body and I feel more alive being much more active than I’ve ever been before!
I really believe that my Slim-Fast Vow To Wow goal is achievable and I can’t wait to see how long it will take to shed all 10 post baby lbs. The other Slim-Fast Women of Wow Ambassadors are also doing well on the Slim-Fast 3-2-1 Plan and I encourage you to visit their blogs and support them as well. It’s been so amazing to be in a group of highly supportive, upbeat ladies with similar goals and together, I know we all can achieve our Slim-Fast Vow To Wow goals!
Slim-Fast Vow To Wow Giveaway:
A lucky Blessings Abound Mommy reader will win a $50 AMEX Gift Card! All you have to do in order to be qualified for a chance to win is to leave a comment with your Slim-Fast Vow To Wow goal or any healthy eating habits or weight loss goals you might or might not have!
10 Extra Entries:
- Blog about this Blessing with a link back to this giveaway post!
- Visit the Slim-Fast Vow To Wow Tab and leave a comment on my post there and come back and leave a comment saying you completed that.
3 Extra Entries:
- Subscribe to my blog. Current subscribers count too!
- Sign up for the BAM (Blessings Abound Mommy) Newsletter.
- Follow via GFC/RSS Feed
- Post my button on your blog or site. (update with the new code to reflect new design if you already have it please)
1 Extra Entry Each (to be earned after required entry has been fulfilled):
- Like Blessings Abound Mommy Facebook Fan Page.
- Like this post on Facebook.
- Like the Slim-Fast Facebook Page.
- Write on the Slim-Fast Facebook Wall that you entered to win a $50 AMEX Gift Card on Blessings Abound Mommy with a link back to this post.
- Enter any other giveaway on Blessings Abound Mommy and leave a comment with which other giveaway you entered.
- Follow me on Twitter at @akblessings.
- Follow Slim-Fast on Twitter at @slimfast.
- Can be done 10 times for 1 entry each time: Leave a comment on a non-giveaway related post and leave a comment that you did so for each one you commented on.
- Can be done twice daily, there must be 3 hours between tweets. Tweet: #Win @slimfast $50 AMEX Gift Card #Giveaway @akblessings Ends 2/24 http://bit.ly/ApD5NL
Winner(s) will be chosen via Random Drawing. Winner(s) who I am unable to contact and who doesn’t claim their prize within 48 hours of being sent their winning email notification and me posting the winner of the prize in the winner’s section will forfeit their prize and prize will be held in a live contest following failure to claim. Please follow directions or you will be disqualified! This Blessing is open to bloggers and nonbloggers alike. You have from now until February 24th at 11:59 PM (Alaska time) to comment and be entered for a chance to win. I will randomly pick winner(s) and announce it here on my blog shortly after February 25th. Blessing open to USA only!
Enter My Slim-Fast Women Of Wow Ambassador Friends’ $50 AMEX Gift Card Giveaways Too:
*This post was created in connection with my appointment as an Ambassador in the Slim-Fast®Women of Wow Program. Visit www.facebook.com/slimfast to join the conversation.