Host A Chex Party Mix-Change
During this time of year, holiday parties abound! With all the festivities, I’m sure there will be plenty of cookie baking and Cookie Exchanges to attend. If you’re looking for a unique way to host a holiday party, why not try something new like hosting a Chex Party Mix-Change? It’s super easy and fun to do! Instead of getting together and exchanging cookies, let each guest prepare their favorite Chex Party Mix and take home their favorite combinations!
We put together a Chex Party Mix-Change during my daughter’s 10th birthday party and the kids went crazy digging into the different flavors of Chex Mix. We personally made the Hot Butter Yum Chex Mix (a combination of cinnamon, brown sugar, honey and marshmallows blend effortlessly together in a crazy-delicious, gluten free crunchy mix) and Chex Caramel Chocolate Drizzles (melted chocolate, chewy caramel and a delightful crunch carry this gluten-free party mix recipe from microwave to table in 15 minutes). Our guests loved the change up from the regular cookie exchange and were more than happy to sample different flavors of Chex Party Mix!
Our personal favorite was the Chex Caramel and Chocolate Drizzles. It sure went fast and there was barely any left when the Chex Party Mix-Change was over.
When the party was wrapped up, we had plenty of festive colored red and green take out boxes for our guests to store the Chex Party Mix they’d like to take home with them.
This party prompted my sister to make Chex Party Mix at a gingerbread making party we went to recently.
I think the children were the most excited to take home their own take out boxes filled with Chex Party Mix. This was a fun change of pace to taking home party favors and would I would gladly do a Chex Party Mix-Change over again!
Chex Party Mix-Change Tips
Highlighting the flavors of pumpkin pie, cinnamon, brown sugar and caramel, your guests are sure to “fall” in love with these seasonal favorites that can be made in the microwave in 15 minutes or less. These five Chex Party Mix recipes are sure to get your guests excited for fall and the upcoming holiday season-
- Original Chex Party Mix– A tried and true classic of many holiday gatherings.
- Chex PB & Chocolate Blast– Is there really a better combination than peanut butter and chocolate? Yes, when Chex cereal is added!
- Chex Pumpkin Pie Crunch– Mix things up and try this mouthwatering alternative to the beloved holiday pie.
- Hot Buttered Yum Chex Mix– A combination of cinnamon, brown sugar, honey and marshmallows blend effortlessly together in a crazy-delicious, gluten free crunchy mix.
- Chex Caramel Chocolate Drizzles– Melted chocolate, chewy caramel and a delightful crunch carry this gluten-free party mix recipe from microwave to table in 15 minutes.
Try these easy tips and tricks for wrapping up the fun so your guests can take their Chex Party Mix to-go-
- Cello Gorgeous!– Packaging your favorite Chex Party Mix recipes in cellophane bags is simple and cute. And, they’re endlessly customizable to add personal touches.
- It’s My Party– Flip a party hat upside down, line it with cellophane and it instantly becomes a festive cone-shaped container.
- Chex Cupcakes– Arrange cupcake liners filled with Chex Party Mixes neatly in a box.
- Chex-To-Go– Packaging Chex Party Mix recipes in a takeout container is quick and easy to “carry out.” We’re including 10 of these in your prize pack to help you get started!
- Tin Tower– Tin is “in” when it comes to creating a hip holiday container for Chex Party Mix-Change guests. Discover oodles of holiday tins at craft or dollar stores.
Chex Party Mix-Change Kit Giveaway:
A lucky Blessings Abound Mommy reader will win a Chex Party Mix- Change Kit that includes:
- 5 boxes of Chex cereal to create Chex Party Mix recipes
- 5 featured Chex Party Mix recipes
- 10 takeout containers so your guests can take their Chex Party Mix to-go
- $20 gift card to purchase recipe ingredients and decorating supplies
All you have to do in order to be qualified for a chance to win is to leave a comment with your favorite way to share Chex Party Mix!
10 Extra Entries:
Blog about this Blessing with a link back to this giveaway post!
3 Extra Entries:
- Subscribe to my blog. Current subscribers count too!
- Sign up for the BAM (Blessings Abound Mommy) Newsletter.
- Follow via GFC/RSS Feed
- Post my button on your blog or site. (update with the new code to reflect new design if you already have it please)
1 Extra Entry Each (to be earned after required entry has been fulfilled):
- Like Blessings Abound Mommy Facebook Fan Page.
- Like this post on Facebook.
- Enter any other giveawayon Blessings Abound Mommy and leave a comment with which other giveaway you entered.
- Follow me on Twitter at @akblessings.
- Can be done 10 times for 1 entry each time: Leave a comment on a non-giveaway related post and leave a comment that you did so for each one you commented on.
- Can be done twice daily, there must be 3 hours between tweets. Tweet: #Win Chex Party Mix-Change Kit #Giveaway @akblessings Ends 12/28 #myblogspark #chexpartymixchange http://bit.ly/srxQ8f
Winner(s) will be chosen via Random Drawing. Winner(s) who I am unable to contact and who doesn’t claim their prize within 48 hours of being sent their winning email notification and me posting the winner of the prize in the winner’s section will forfeit their prize and prize will be held in a live contest following failure to claim. Please follow directions or you will be disqualified! This Blessing is open to bloggers and nonbloggers alike. You have from now until December 28th at 11:59 PM (Alaska time) to comment and be entered for a chance to win. I will randomly pick winner(s) and announce it here on my blog shortly after December 29th. Blessing open to USA only!
Disclosure: The Chex Party Mix-Change product, information, and giveaway have been provided by Chex through MyBlogSpark.